The EPA reports that levels of indoor pollutants can be two to five times higher than in outdoor air. Even if you keep doors and windows shut most of the time, your home can still contain high levels of pollen, mold spores, dust, bacteria, viruses, and pet dander and hair. If you’d like to keep these airborne particles under control, you might want to consider the addition of a whole-home air purifier system to help clean the air your family breathes indoors.
If anyone in your family suffers from seasonal allergies, or is very sensitive to pet dander, dust, or mold, you may already have one or more room-size air purifiers operating in your home. Some of the benefits of having Star Heating and Cooling install an air purifier from Carrier are:
- An air purifier installed on your furnace or fan coil treats the air throughout your entire home, not just a single room
- Air cleaners trap smaller air particles than ordinary furnace filters
- Viruses and bacteria are trapped and destroyed in the removable filter to help prevent the spread of colds and flu, so it’s useful year round
- An installed air purifier is virtually silent, so the sound won’t disturb you
- Fewer dust and pet hair dander particles can mean less need for dusting or vacuuming
- Filters last up to several months, and when replaced, dispose of the trapped germs, allergens, and dust particles
Some programmable thermostats such as the Carrier Cor or Infinity can also control your installed air purifier and help remind you when it’s time to change the filter. Otherwise, you’ll have to remember to change the filters on a regular basis to keep your furnace and air conditioner operating at peak performance.
It’s a lot easier and cheaper to install an air cleaning system when you are already installing a new furnace and air conditioning system, so you may want to delay adding it until then. Studies show that most adults spend about 90% of their lives inside, so it might make sense for you to try to control the air quality in your own home by adding a whole home air purifier. Check out the models we have available, then call Star Heating and Cooling at 317-753-0279 for further information or to schedule an appointment.