Star Heating and Cooling is a one-stop shop for furnace repair in Fishers, IN. Our team of technicians are trained, knowledgeable and experienced. They’ll inspect and clean all parts of your home heating and air conditioning unit. Whether you need a routine check-up, inspection or regular cleaning, our preventative maintenance helps keep minor issues from turning into big ones.
Star Heating & Cooling is Your Furnace Repair Destination
If you think your heating system is starting to show signs of wear and tear, don’t hesitate to contact Star Heating & Cooling. Our highly experienced technicians have seen almost every issue with heating and cooling systems. We guarantee we’ll be able to diagnose any problem and offer cost-effective, quality repairs.
We also provide heating and air conditioning maintenance and repair for our customers. By inspecting and cleaning the blower compartments in your furnace, the heat exchanger and burners, we get a comprehensive view of the system. Once the repair is complete, we offer a preventive maintenance agreement that will protect your home against future issues, along with wear and tear.
Signs Your Furnace Needs to Be Repaired
Is it time to get your furnace repaired? Here are some signs to look out for:
- Clanging from your Blower Compartment. Loud clanging noises coming from your blower compartment are never a good sign. This usually means the blower motor fan belt is out of place or has succumbed to wear and tear. If you’re not comfortable repairing this yourself, give us a call. The longer you wait to resolve the issue, the more expensive the repair will be.
- Loud Clicking Noises. If you hear a loud clicking sound that originates from inside your furnace, this means the issue can be deadly. It could mean that there is a cracked heat exchanger that lets carbon monoxide out into the air. If this happens, shut your gas valve, turn the furnace off using the thermostat and contact your HVAC contractor.
- Squealing and Grinding. Both squealing and grinding can indicate there are worn out or dirty motor bearings in the furnace. If they aren’t replaced, the motor may overheat and blow out, so get it repaired before the issue worsens.
- Booming and Rumbling Noises from Burners. If you aren’t getting your furnace serviced and cleaned regularly, booming noises may come as a result. This buildup of dirt can prevent ignition and block gas jets, so it’s important to have your burner regularly tested by a professional.
What You Should Check Before You Call
Before you call a professional, you should do some necessary checks to give your technician an idea of the situation. To inspect it, start by looking at your air filter and replacing it if it’s dirty. Dirty air filters can lead to more serious problems. This is one of the easiest and most important things you can do for your furnace.
Next, if you have a combustion air duct that comes into your furnace, make sure it’s not blocked. Then, you should see if your furnace is fully operational. Once you set your thermostat to heat mode, turn up the heat five degrees warmer than what the thermostat thinks it is. Then, make sure your furnace fires up. If it doesn’t, check the following:
- Check your service switch to make sure it’s on. It’s usually a light switch mounted to the furnace or on a wall close to it. If the switch isn’t on, the furnace won’t run.
- Check your circuit breaker or your fuse inside the main electric panel.
- Replace the batteries in your thermostat if they’re dead.
- Make sure your blower fan cover is in place. If it’s removed, a safety switch on the blower compartment should make sure the furnace doesn’t turn on.
Remember, if you don’t feel comfortable inspecting and maintaining your furnace system by yourself, call a professional first. They can correctly diagnose your situation so you can get it fixed and maintain it yourself.
Why Choose Star?
At Star Heating & Cooling, we use an educational approach to inform our customers on their home and furnace. With our up-front pricing and honest opinions, we can also help our customers make informed decisions. Star has been family owned since 1987, and our technicians are trusted throughout the community because of their expert knowledge, craftsmanship and customer service.
Star Heating & Cooling goes above and beyond. Our team truly cares about the well-being of our customers and their families. At Star, we treat you like family, which is why you should trust us for any heating, cooling or furnace repairs your home may need.
Contact Star for Superior Furnace Repair
If you need expert advice on your furnace, heating or cooling systems, don’t hesitate to contact Star Heating & Cooling. No matter the situation, our experienced crew can correctly diagnose any problem you have with your furnace system. Our technicians provide great customer service and provide our consumers with the knowledge they need to maintain their systems.
Our team services a large part of Central Indiana, including Fishers and Hamilton County, where our headquarters are located. For any heating and cooling questions, get in touch with our friendly service team.