If you live in Noblesville, Indiana, then you understand that this is a beautiful place to live and work. However, you are also aware that it can get very hot during the summer, which is why you need to have access to a reliable air conditioning system.
We are Star Heating & Cooling, and we have a tremendous amount of experience working with a wide variety of air conditioning systems. If you are looking for help with your AC system, learn more about our repair services below. Then, reach out to us to schedule an appointment with our team.
Common Issues We See With Air Conditioning Systems
Some of the most common problems that we see with cooling systems include:
Rising Utility Bills
If your utility bills are going up, this is a sign that your system is working harder than it should to cool your home. Our technicians can figure out why your air conditioner is working so hard and make the appropriate repair.
If you notice that your system is leaking, we can help you with that as well. Leaks are commonly caused by a clogged condensate drain line. This should be repaired quickly to prevent mold from developing around the system.
Burning Smells and Strange Noises
If you notice a burning smell or odd noise coming from your air conditioner, this is a sign that something is wrong with the internal components. Strange noises could be caused by a broken or loose part, while bad smells are often caused due to an electrical problem or mildew from a leak.
Not Turning On
If your air conditioner isn’t turning on or it’s blowing warm air, it could be caused by insufficient airflow, a thermostat issue, or a refrigerant leak. We offer reliable air conditioning services that can help you figure out why your air conditioning unit is not turning on. Then, we can let you know how we plan on fixing it.
Should I Repair or Replace My Noblesville, IN Air Conditioner?
One of the most common questions people ask us is whether they should repair or replace their AC unit. Some of the factors to consider include:
- If your system is older than 15 years old, it is probably time to start thinking about replacing it. Even though your system may run for a few more years, the repair issues could get worse. On the other other hand, if the repair is relatively minor and the system hasn’t had many issues in the past, it’s probably better to pay for a repair.
- If you are thinking about upgrading to an energy-efficient system, now could be the time to replace your air conditioner. We can help you review the different units available, and help you find the right one to meet your needs.
- If you are concerned because the cost of the repair is higher than the cost of replacing the unit, then you should definitely get a new one.
- If your unit has a long history of requiring repairs, then it is probably time to start considering replacement services. By making the switch to a new unit now, you can save money by avoiding more repairs down the road.
How to Identify a Quality AC Repair Company
If you are looking for quality work and expert advice, you need to work with the right cooling company in the Noblesville area. Some of the factors you should consider include:
- Does the company have positive online reviews? If it does, consider hiring them.
- Look for a company that offers free estimates.
- Are the technicians available at a time that meets your schedule? Anyone who is going to help you with repairs or replacement issues should be able to help you in a timely manner.
- Experience matters. Star has proudly served the local community since 1987.