If you’re one of the unlucky people with spring allergies, you know just how miserable life can be this time of year, especially in the Midwest. There are some medicines and other remedies that can provide relief, but not everyone has success managing spring allergy symptoms with these methods.
Will air purifiers help with your allergies this spring? Star Heating & Cooling explains why allergies are such a problem this time of year and how an air purifier can provide you with better comfort this time of year.
Why Are Spring Allergies Such a Problem?
Springtime means beautiful weather, but unfortunately, it also means hay fever and other annoying allergies that so many people suffer from. People everywhere suffer from spring allergies. Spring allergy season typically runs from February to early summer.
What Triggers Allergies?
The trees, grass, and weeds release pollen in the springtime and for some people, it can be a real problem. Tree pollen tends to be a bigger issue earlier in the season. Especially while grass pollen levels peak at the beginning of summer. Mold is another common spring allergen. Spring is a damp season, which leads mold and mildew spores to grow in damp spots such as compost piles, on wet grass, and in piles of leaves.
When allergen particles enter the body of someone who is allergic, the body releases histamines to attack the particle. For some people, the symptoms can be really bad. A runny nose, itchy eyes, sneezing, and a scratchy throat are all common symptoms of spring allergies. If you’re one of the unlucky ones who suffer, you may find that air purifiers help fight allergies this time of year.
Do Air Purifiers Help Against Allergies in Spring?
Air purifiers work by sanitizing the air. This means that they kill off any allergens or organic particles in the air that may be harmful. Once they are removed, they can no longer trigger symptoms in people who are sensitive to them, making them effectively useless. Because of this, air purifiers for allergies work optimally in the spring and at other times during the year.
More Tips to Control Spring Allergies
- If you’re looking for ways to reduce your exposure to allergens, start by avoiding outdoor activities during peak pollen times, such as in the morning.
- You can also keep your windows and doors closed and use the HVAC system to stay comfortable during spring.
- Another way to reduce allergens in the home is to clean surfaces, flooring, bedding, upholstery, and other parts of the home frequently. This will remove any allergen particles that have become trapped and help improve your indoor air quality such as dust mites.
- Change clothing and shower when you come indoors after spending time outside. This will remove pollen from your hair and skin.
- If you have pets, your home is filled with pet dander, something that is a direct link to allergies in some people. You want your air cleaner than that and you can do so by working with the right company that provides the best air purifiers.
Air Purifier Installation in Indianapolis
Air purifiers help with allergies, in the spring and at other times throughout the year. If you or someone in your household suffers from seasonal allergies, call Star Heating & Cooling today and get a quote for whole home air purifier installation. We offer the best air purifiers available with HEPA filters to eliminate airborne particles and improve your allergy symptoms!